Personal Chat Is Now Possible With Microsoft Teams On Windows 11
On October 5, 2021, Microsoft rolled out Windows 11 to users globally. Since the rollout of the latest Windows operating system and other features, more users now have the ability to experience the new Microsoft Teams platform. As announced by Microsoft, Windows 11 users can now use Microsoft Teams personal chat on Windows, and Microsoft Teams chat will be pinned to the taskbar when Windows 11 starts.
One feature on Microsoft Teams, Personal Chat, has recently been released. The personal chat feature will help users organize their personal and professional conversations. One of the goals of the latest feature is to ensure professional and personal aspects of a business professional’s life are kept separate – something that has become increasingly difficult to do as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This has led to the majority of the business world adapting to the work-from-home lifestyle.
The Microsoft Teams Juggernaut Adds Personal Chat
As you may know, this was a strategy that Skype tried previously, but it did not garner much success. However, an announcement was recently made that Skype was getting another fresh design. This fresh design for Skype confirms that the proprietary telecommunications application Microsoft purchased 10 years ago has not run its course just yet. Skype did not experience the same type of attention that Microsoft Teams received during the global pandemic. Microsoft Teams became a true behemoth in the collaboration and communications space. It will be interesting to see if Windows 11 can help Microsoft Teams to reach a wider audience.
This effort by Microsoft is a combined consumer and business experience. This revamped Teams client is no longer based on Electron, but it does have the same capabilities of the web app like captivating meetings with Together Mode, the ability to add polls, the ability to assign tasks in chats, integrate with your calendar to schedule meetings, views files shared with a chat, search previous chat conversations, and more.
Chat From Microsoft Teams in Windows 11
One of the most interesting aspects of this new feature is that users can only sign in with a personal account.
- Windows 11 can now make use of Microsoft Teams Chat on the new operating system. Personal chat offers a unique experience for Teams’ personal account users to initiate a video chat or video conference with friends and family. At the start of Windows 11, Teams chat will be pinned to the Taskbar.
- The new Teams experience on Windows 11 and Chat is available to users with personal Microsoft accounts.
- If Teams is already installed on your devices before upgrading your devices to Windows 11, you can continue to use it for work use.
- The Microsoft Teams apps on Windows 11 are separated into two categories: private use and professional use. The Teams app for work has a blue tile with a white letter T inside. Users will be instructed to download Teams for work or if there is an attempt to chat with a work account.
Seamlessly Connect With Your Contacts With Personal Chat
The overall Teams desktop experience has been architected for optimized performance. Once signed in with your personal account, the chat feature allows you to remain connected to your contacts through chats and video calls, all from the convenience of your Windows 11 device. On the other hand, your contacts can participate in the video or chat conversation from any device with Microsoft Teams.
When you want to connect with someone from your personal account, you can simply click the Chat icon located in the Taskbar. Once the application starts, you will see your previous individual and/or group conversations. You will also be able to respond to those conversations or start a new chat or video conversation. You can start a video chat or video call at any time, regardless of any other activities you are working on.
- A new chat can be started by entering someone’s phone number or email in the ”to field”. The person you want to connect with will receive your message, along with an invite to sign up for Teams if they are not already signed up.
- If you want to start a group chat, you can simply start a new chat and add your contacts’ email or phone number in the ”to field”. After adding your contacts to the group chat, you can name your chat. After the group chat has been created, you can copy the group chat link and share it with others you wish to invite.
Did You Recently Upgrade to Windows 11?
If you had Teams installed before the upgrade to Windows 11, you will have the ability to continue using Teams for work just as you did before the upgrade. Your settings for your work app will remain the same. If you were using one Teams app for private use and the other for professional use, you will have a separate app for each experience when using Windows 11. If you recently purchased a new device with Windows 11 installed, you will need to download the Teams app in the Microsoft Store.
Get Started With Personal Chat With Our Microsoft Support
With over 250 million monthly active users and over 80 million monthly active phone users, Microsoft Teams is well-known for its work-related and school-related features and capabilities. Now, Microsoft aims to enhance the capabilities of Microsoft Teams for personal use. The Windows 11 operating system has been designed with the remote and hybrid work landscape in mind, including the new chat feature that has been designed to address the obscured lines between personal and professional activities.
As a local Microsoft partner, we provide Microsoft support throughout Metro Atlanta and North Georgia. We are here to help you resolve any Microsoft product issue you may experience during the transition to Windows 11. When you need professional Microsoft support solutions, we will have everything you need, with our highly trained and reliable team of experts experienced in IT and Microsoft support. Contact Teamspring today to request your consultation.